Tuesday 15 September 2015

Cafe Vue: 430 Little Collins Street Melbourne

This place is exactly the kind of place my former boss (a barrister) would have taken me. Even on a Friday the place was packed with solicitors and business types, which figures as it is within easy walking distance of three courts and the Law Institute.

The menu is dominated by smoked trout, confit duck, wagyu beef and classics such as curried egg and watercress sandwiches, homemade pies, chicken salad and grilled barramundi, you get the picture.

I feel bad for saying this is definitely not the place for me, as they clearly try hard to cater for fussy eaters, but their clientele is clearly above all suits and their strange food preferences that I will never understand.

Feeling uninspired, I ordered a salad, which was $14 for a bunch of leaves, cucumber shavings and a mild dressing. The waitress did warn me but I didn't want a salad sandwich (the clearly marked vegan option) or meat minus everything that adds flavour (mayo, cheese and cream were on everything else).

Senor Gringo ordered a lunch box with a bite sized wagyu beef burger, dahl, a sliver of stiff roti, Indian dip and a tiny cake. Everything was cold. Stone cold. Not just it has been left sitting there for five minutes while the waiter rushed about but we never intended for this to be warm. Weird. Senor Gringo didn't enjoy his food and he was still hungry so we both headed off to work disappointed and in search of something quick before we got on with work.

I wondered how they made it into the Good Food Guide.

If you do go here, the wait staff are lovely and you will be well taken care of.



One tick.  








Café Vue Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment