Saturday 23 January 2016

Smith & Daughters: 175 Brunswick Street Fitzroy Melbourne

Vegan food to drool over. I wanted to eat everything on the menu and had such a hard time deciding.
I settled on the jalapeno and corn fritters with vegan sour cream, smokey coconut bacon and maple syrup. So tasty, so rich, so filling. I sadly didn't have room for dessert and ended up with a sugar headache from all the maple syrup (the chilli and orange sparkling mineral water didn't help the matter) but it was very much worth it. 

My friend ordered the hash with vegan cheese sauce, guacamole, and spicy tomato sauce. I can vouch for its Mexican inspired goodness and tell you that I'm inspired to try making a vegan cheese sauce for tonight's dinner.  

This is vegan food that makes you feel like you're not missing out by forgoing animal products. With its rockabilly vibe and cosy atmosphere it's a total winner. 

Three ticks.





Smith and Daughters Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment