Sunday 27 December 2015

Mr Nice Guy: 10 Healeys Lane Melbourne

Mr Nice Guy is a cute little Thai food place off of Little Lonsdale St. It is slightly quirky and tries to do Thai food with a slightly modern flair.

The lunch menu has the key entree, salad, curry and stir fry dishes you want to see plus a couple of chefs specials that offer something different. The food is good quality and tasty and has enough variety that will make me want to come back for more.

Senor Gringo and I shared the tofu salad and massamun curry. The salad had crispy tofu, shredded carrot, red onion, tomatoes and lettuce. It was smothered with satay sauce that while tasty in itself was a bit much for the salad - ask for the dressing on the side and you will solve this problem in a second. The beef in the massamun curry fell apart when I attempted to pick it up, just want you want from a curry dish, and as a nice touch it had broccoli and carrot in addition to the usual potatoes. As I love veggies, this made me happy. Plus, bonus points for them, you can choose white rice, brown rice or rice noodles to accompany your meal. There were also a range of vegan options (or dishes that can be veganised) and celiacs would be well catered for.

Nearly every table had a plate of spring rolls or fish cakes accompanied by lettuce leaves and dipping sauce. So next time I visit Mr Nice Guy I'm going to vote with the crowd and give these a whirl.

Two ticks, I would be a (semi) regular if this place was near my work. Only wish - that this place would have more spice and less sweetness to their food.








 
Mr. Nice Guy Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment