Sunday 27 December 2015

Threefold: 381 Flinders Lane Melbourne

Being a Sydney-ite originally, I can't help but think of things in the context of home. Threefold would fit very well into The Rocks or Darlinghurst; they serve food that is a cross between what you would expect at an old school bar or upmarket cafe. Nothing offensive or risque but all very good quality and locally sourced.

The Good Food Guide has this place pegged as a destination for a working lunch, with main meals that have French leanings. There are ample home made cakes, tarts and pastries on display. A few rich and hearty salads (not fussy eater friendly), toasties, sandwiches and home made pies.

I ordered a tomato salami toastie with mustard and even though it came on very white bread (the bane of my life) it was still very good. Senor Gringo ordered a steak sandwich with relish and a side of green beans and salad (coated in butter and therefore off limits to the likes of me).

My meal left me wanting a cider and an afternoon nap, although that is possibly because this is the sort of meal I would have on the odd occasion, in a beer garden somewhere. The price was very reasonable considering the quality (less than $30 for two people) and I would say it would appeal to a wide variety of people, though possibly not the fussiest of eaters (I am not sure celiacs could eat here, nor vegans, though there are vegetarian options).

One tick. Good but not what I really seek in a lunch venue. It would suit my dad or his generation more.




   Threefold Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment