Wednesday 3 February 2016

Gardiner and Field: 43 Union Street Armadale

Gardiner and Field is a an absolute caricature of the Eastern Suburbs. It set on a wide leafy street, across the road from a tennis court with customers who are all very well made up, attractive (or surgically assisted to be so). The staff are also very well presented and perfectly friendly, without oozing personality (as you can tell I'm much more comfortable with the grungyness of the northern and western suburbs). The food was top notch and on trend. I ordered a paleo breakfast salad, although since I subtracted the egg I added a slice of bread, thereby killing the paleoness (turns out I did not need the bread as the salad was very hearty). They should have cooked the bacon a bit more as it tasted too raw for my liking but even so the salad was refreshing. Senor Gringo ordered breakfast tacos on soft tortillas. His food was similarly good, offering well balanced pulled pork and fried egg alongside avocado, corn, beans, onion and fresh coriander. There is absolutely nothing to complain about from this place. It serves up exactly what you expect. We are not locals so we are not going back but I would say if you are in the area you won't be disappointed. Two ticks
Gardiner and Field Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment