Sunday 14 February 2016

ShanDong Mama: Mid City Arcade - 200 Bourke Street Melbourne

This place is damn hard to find. I didn’t know where the Mid City Arcade was and my GPS kept sending me to other places. It was worth the trip though.

Sadly I could not eat the pork dumplings as they put egg in the mixture (why???) but I did have the tasty tasty vegan zucchini and black fungus dumplings. They were good, real good and thank you for making a vegan option with something other than boring cabbage and bean sprouts.

Since I’ve discovered the superior pan fried pork dumplings at Shanghai Street I haven’t been back but one day when I get a hankering for veggie dumplings this place will be friend I’m sure. The only way they could get better is to either make the dumpling wrapper from scratch – it has that store bought texture to it, or improve it if they do make it themselves. I'm also going to try their hand made potato noodles, which I've heard good things about. The other mains are hit and miss.

Shandong Mama Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment