Sunday 14 February 2016

Common Galaxia: 130 Victoria Street Seddon

Massive food fail.

Look at the menu online. The food looks fantastic. I wanted to try it. Only, naturally, being breakfast pretty much everything had eggs or dairy or both.

I asked to alter the menu, as you do. Denied. I was told I can’t do that. I said, well than can I build my own breakfast? The waitress said yes. Great, can I please have ham on sourdough with salsa verde and rocket? No, that is not on the approved extras list. Did I hear that right, an approved extras list? Yes, you heard that right. I was a little taken aback, I shouldn’t be, I have been through this before. I said but you have ham, salsa verde, rocket and sourdough, can’t they just be added together? It wouldn't even require cooking, just combining. No, apparently not. Being too hungry to go somewhere else, I just ordered dry toast with extra crispy bacon. I couldn’t even have the mushrooms as they have butter in it and of course they wouldn’t substitute butter for oil.

The bacon came out practically raw. I was hangry so I asked the waitress to please ask the chef to cook it longer. She took it away and came back barely a minute later with no change to the bacon. She practically rushed off before I could say anything so I assume the chef was the issue and she didn’t want to have to deal with it, or me for that matter, I don’t blame her. I was so annoyed. Massive cross. Will not ever go back again. This place does not deserve to be in the GFG.

Senor Gringo has worked in restaurants before and his opinion is that good chefs like making changes to food, no matter how busy the place is. They don’t want to do everything by rote, same thing day in day out. Other restaurants can cope with changes. Why couldn’t this place? I left peeved. And, since I'm annoyed I will mention I overheard three tables talking about how they were trying this place as Chicco’s was closed. Yup, they were benefiting from the proximity of a far superior cafe that does things better. Plus, the table next to me was annoyed they weren't able to alter the menu either. Stupid cafe.


Common Galaxia Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment