Sunday 14 February 2016

West 48: 48 Essex Street West Footscray

This is my favourite café in Melbourne and the place that convinced me that living in West Footscray would be more than just okay.

The reason? They have vegan food options on the menu, which automatically means a dish that fits my needs – vegetables, no egg and no dairy. Plus, they know how to cook bacon. This my friend is how you cook bacon – crispy but still flexible.

My favourite dish at the moment is the egg dukka roll with no egg. Homemade hummus, plenty of dukka, greens and the aforementioned crispy bacon, none of that half raw rubbish that has me thinking about tape worms, eew.

The staff are also really nice. They have fresh juice and they don’t bat an eyelid when I change the menu. All round food goodness with many options for me to try in the future. Three ticks – I’m coming back again and again. Since the menu always changes and they have a daily special, I'm sure I won't get bored

Disclaimer – I ate half my meal before I took this picture and then I had to try reassemble it. I can never finish this and they have so many yummy yummy seeds and nuts in their dukka, which this picture does not clearly show. Tummy bliss.

West 48 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment