Sunday 14 February 2016

Kinfolk: 673 Bourke Street Melbourne

Kinfolk is a cafe that is run the way I think the world should be - it serves seasonal, local and organic produce and is staffed mostly by volunteers (there are some paid staff) with profits donated to local charities.

All of this means a happy and eclectic place to enjoy breakfast or lunch that benefits the community.

The food is good, the drinks are even better and the atmosphere is wonderful.

For lunch, there are a range of salads, soups, curries, risottos and sandwiches. Senor Gringo and I both ordered a sandwich. For Senor Gringo the meat toastie (with ham, salami, purple sauerkraut, homemade mustard and bechamel sauce). His sandwich looked so good, I really wanted it. Why does cheese have to make everything better when I can't have it? Sad face. For me - the BBQ pork neck ban mi. It was a little too sweet for me but that was likely because I removed the jalapeno mayo (damn egg intolerance). You could taste the quality though.

We followed up our sambos with a navel orange and passion fruit homemade soda (I'm picturing a soda stream out back, a couple of scoops of fresh passion fruit and a squeeze of orange juice). Bless their hearts, it was divine.

I recommend you support this fantastic local cafe. They even have sugar free chocolate and a range of pastries and muffins to snack on.

Kinfolk Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment